"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, May 11, 2023

At Six Mile Canyon Today

Above, at the corral. The road on the right goes into the canyon. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today I went to Six Mile Canyon.

On the way, I stopped at the old corral at the canyon's entrance to take a few pictures. While there, a man drove up and told me his dog was with him in the canyon the day before and it spotted a rabbit and took off after it.

They couldn't get him back. So he spent most of the morning searching for his dog.

He described it as a small Labrador-type black dog named "Trigger" (just remember Roy Rogers's horse to remember the name). We exchanged phone numbers in case the dog is found. I suggested he notify the Mount Taylor Ranger and the McKinley County Sheriff as both patrol the canyon.

Above, from inside the entrance gate looking north. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I later posted a notice on our Jamestown Community Board on Facebook and one resident responded saying he saw a dog that matched the description on his property near the water tanks on Birch Road at 8:00 this morning. I passed this on to the owner.

I proceeded into the canyon and was on the lookout for the dog. But I didn't see him.

Hopefully the dog will be found soon. 

No comments:

Search This Blog