"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, August 25, 2024

An Uplifting Story of Retiring In An RV

Above, Ely, Nevada KOA Kampground. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Part two of the series on retiring in an RV by Chuck Woodbury has been posted in RV Travel.

It is primarily by a veteran who began as a trucker and then as a Navy veteran.

It starts out with:

Two weeks ago I wrote about my struggle with successfully retiring. As much as I try, I can’t seem to do it. In my essay I wrote about how I had concluded that a person cannot simply retire. There’s more to it:

“The thing about retiring is that you cannot JUST RETIRE. You have to RETIRE TO something — hopefully something you have always wanted to do but never had time. For many people, that’s RVing. For those who do not replace their work with something they love, retirement is just a pit stop on their journey to their final frontier.”

Readers responded

I asked readers to write me with their thoughts about retirement. Several dozen responded, most with very interesting tales to tell. I can’t post them here in one issue, but what I can do is post them over time. Here is what Greg Surratt wrote. I find it inspiring how he and his wife, Jo Ann, pursued their RVing dreams despite many setbacks.

To read more, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog