"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, August 15, 2024

Chile Relleno Casserole

Above, the chile peppers before roasting. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Last year, I made a chile relleno casserole from a recipe posted at a Facebook New Mexico recipe page.

Even though I couldn't Hatch Valley chile pepper then, the ones I used were adequate to the task and the casserole came out delicious.

This year, I was able to get some Hatch Valley chile peppers and made the casserole yesterday afternoon.

I have to say that the casserole came out great, even better than last year's. I first roasted the chile peppers over coals in the barbecue on Monday. That brought out the flavor and made it easier to peel the skin off the peppers.

I have enough left for breakfast and lunch tomorrow.

Here's a look at the casserole:

Above, right out of the oven. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, after cooling, avocado slices added. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, ready to eat with salsa and sour cream. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


Here's the recipe:




No comments:

Search This Blog