"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, August 18, 2024

Monument Valley After Ridgway?

Above, the East and West Mittens and Merrick Butte. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Next month, I will be heading up to Ridgway, Colorado to help with the John Wayne Cancer Foundation marathon. 

Since will be "out and about", I am considering extending the trip to include Monument Valley Tribal Park. 

I was last in Monument Valley in October 2022. I enjoyed the visit, which included a sunrise tour of the tribal park. If I go to Monument Valley, I will likely take that tour again. I stayed at Goulding's Lodge Campground. 

The weather in September will still be warm. It averages 82° highs and lows averaging 58°. 

Above, Ridgway, Colorado to Monument Valley. 

The drive from Ridgway, Colorado will entail some mountain road driving. But The Beast can handle it. It is a route that is basically west and then south. The driving time is around four hours. 

Since the route will take me on U.S. 163, there is a new KOA Kampground (Monument Valley KOA Journey) on that road I can try out. I read that the campground is five miles from Monument Valley and has great views.

I have a few weeks to decide. 

No comments:

Search This Blog