"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, August 13, 2024

No Cruise Illness This Time

Above, kicking back in the stateroom.

It has been since Friday that I got home from the cruise to the Bahamas.

Before going further, I will state that it was a good trip and I had a fun time. Now, since I have been home since Friday evening, I have not come down with any trip-related illnesses. This is a first for me.

I have been on three cruises and of the three, I have come down with a bug of some sort during two of them. This is not unusual as about 1,500+ people are crammed into a ship passing along germs to each other.

The cruises where I caught a bug were:

  • Alaska Cruise in 2000: I came down with a 24-hour flu during the cruise.
  • Key West and Cuba Cruise in 2019: I caught a cold towards the end of the cruise.
Norwegian Cruise Lines had hand sanitizers available throughout the ship and a crew member stationed at the Garden Buffet entrances with sanitizer spray bottles to spray people's hands as they entered.  

I also tried to avoid touching hand rails and other things on the ship where a bug my lurk.

Being around other people in close spaces is bound to spread germs, but I have to consider myself lucky this time as I didn't catch any. 

No comments:

Search This Blog