"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, August 12, 2024

Wi-Fi During Cruise

The five day stretch of no blog posts during my Bahamas cruise was probably the longest one ever. I had my laptop with me, but I didn't use it. I could have blogged with my cell phone as well.

It was not that I couldn't make any blog posts, it was due to the limited amount of time I could use the Norwegian Sky Wi-Fi without being charged $5.99/minute. 

When out to sea, Norwegian Cruise Lines charges that amount after 75 minutes of free Wi-Fi. They also offered several plans, all over $90. No thanks!

I don't recall Royal Caribbean charging for Wi-Fi or, if they did, it was much more reasonable during our cruise to Key West and Havana. 

 



I limited usage to my cell phone. When logging in, they would let me know (see above screen shot) how many minutes of free time was available. When not using my cell phone, I would put it in Airplane Mode. 

When we made stops in Freeport and Nassau, I was able to use available Wi-Fi there. As Great Stirrup Cay is owned by Norwegian, I figured I would be charged for Wi-Fi there, so I didn't bother. 

As the old saying goes, buyer beware.

No comments:

Search This Blog