"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, August 10, 2024

Great Stirrup Cay

Above, the Norwegian Sky with a tender boat. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The last full day in the Bahamas took place at Great Stirrup Cay where we did some jet skiing. Great Stirrup Cay is Norwegian Cruise Line's private island.

This was the first time I jet skied since 2015 in Lake Havasu. 

To say that jet skiing on a lake is different than on an ocean would be a gross understatement. For one thing, along with wakes made by other jet skis, one has to also deal with ocean waves. The jet skis we used (Wave Runners) were more powerful than the ones used at Lake Havasu. I had to be careful when throttling, too much throttle would have the jet ski shoot from under me. I am guessing that the extra power these had were to compensate against ocean waves. I hit over 40 mph easily.

I held back from the rest of the group (7 jet skiers along with 3 guides) as I wasn't out to impress anybody. I had a guide with me. Mitch Geriminsky kept with the group. 

As we were heading back to the jet ski docks, it started raining. It rained very hard, making it difficult to see. Mitch had a hard time seeing and he hit a wave (or the wave hit him) and he flew off the jet ski. He lost his sunglasses when he went into the drink. 

The only photo I have of the jet skiing is from the website of the photography company (below). It is of me on the jet ski. I ordered a couple of photos and I will post them when they arrive. 

After we were done, I went over to a beachside bar and had a screwdriver (vodka and orange juice). That was refreshing. 

The jet skiing was on an island without docking facilities, so we had to be tendered to and from the Norwegian Sky

All in all, we had fun. But we'll stick to lake jet skiing in the future.

Some photos:

Above, a Starbucks cart. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, a picnic area. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, back on the Norwegian Sky after jet skiing. Photo by Mitch Geriminsky.

Above, one of the photos I ordered. 

Above, aboard the tender. Photo by Mitch Geriminsky.

Above, inside the tender. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, yours truly aboard the tender after jet skiing. Photo by Mitch Geriminsky.


No comments:

Search This Blog