"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, August 30, 2024

Labor Day Weekend Gas Prices

Above, the Beast in Fort Sumner, New Mexico back in June. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Since I am staying home this Labor Day weekend, the following doesn't affect me that much.

Right now, gasoline prices in the Gallup, New Mexico area is around $3.15/gal. With my Good Sam discount that I use at the Flying J, I bring that price down to $3.10/gallon, which I did the other day when I filled up the Jeep's gas tank.

How is the rest of the nation faring?

According to an article in RV Travel:

AAA says Labor Day gas prices will be down. Still, they’re not dropping as fast as they have been recently. Prices dipped just two cents to $3.36 since last week. A slight uptick in gas demand may reflect the last hurrah for summer travelers. A storm system forming in the Atlantic may pose a threat to falling gas prices, as well. Meanwhile, the national average for Level 2 (L2) commercial electricity, an important number for e-vehicle drivers, did not budge.

Of course, there are always exceptions, such as California where the average price for unleaded regular now stands at $4.629 (according to AAA). I am sure glad I got the hell out of that state!

To read more, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog