The stuff that now passes as "music", particularly rock 'n roll, leaves me cold. So, to start off the week, here's a video of a classic rock artist.
To start off the week, we have the S.O.S. Band with their 1980 hit, "Take Your Time (Do It Right)." I first heard this song in June 1980 in Englewood, Colorado when I was in my hotel's bar. I was there to take a two-week damage appraisal class put on by GAB. The band is still active.
From Wikipedia:
The S.O.S. Band (sometimes styled S.O.S. Band; shorthand for Sounds of Success) is an American R&B and electro-funk group formed in Atlanta, Georgia, in 1977. The original lineup featured Mary Davis (lead vocals), Jason Bryant (keyboards), Billy Ellis and Willie “Sonny” Killebrew (horns), Bruno Speight (guitar), John Simpson (bass), and James Earl Jones III (drums).
The group rose to prominence with their platinum debut single "Take Your Time (Do It Right)" in 1980—a post-disco, boogie-funk anthem that reached No. 1 on the U.S. R&B chart, No. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100, and was certified gold. Their self-titled debut album S.O.S. also achieved gold status.
No comments:
Post a Comment