"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, September 7, 2026

Happy Labor Day!

Happy Labor Day!

The most memorable Labor Day for me was in 1984 when I attended the campaign kick-off for the Reagan-Bush campaign.

It is estimated that 50,000 people attended Ronald Reagan's formal Labor Day campaign kickoff rally at Mile Square Regional Park in Fountain Valley. I remember the day being hot and some who were bused in couldn't get in as the venue was filled to capacity. Luckily, Mike Evans (a longtime friend) and I got there early enough to get in. 

Here's one of my photos of President Reagan addressing the crowd. Those I can identify are: Ed Rollins, Pete Wilson, Nancy Reagan, Charlton Heston, George Deukmejian, President Reagan, Maureen Reagan, Johnny Grant and Dennis Revell.

Above, President Reagan's Labor Day campaign kick-off
 in Fountain Valley, California. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

No comments:

Search This Blog