| Above, Boy Scouts at a shooting range. Photo from NRA Blog. |
Now that the Boy Scouts of America has gone woke and became Scouting America, I was wondering if gun safety courses put on by the National Rifle Association are still being offered.
Back when I was in the Boy Scouts in the 1960s, our troop took the NRA Gun Safety course held at the TRW Inc. (or Thompson Ramo Wooldridge Inc.) Space Park in Redondo Beach, California. I think we took the course in 1966 or 1967.
It turns out that Scouting America still partners with the NRA to offer firearms safety programs. I am pleased to see this.
From the Scouting America website:
Scouting America and the National Rifle Association (NRA) have worked together for more than 100 years to develop a strong shooting sports program. Many NRA trained men and women in Scouting America local councils are willing and available to work with units and youth. Too often, individual units want to go shooting with whatever guns they have at whatever location they think is safe. However, the Range and Target Activities program is both age-appropriate and structured with specific types of firearms and the appropriate places to shoot. Leaders and chartered organizations need to know and follow the program.
Here's a video on YouTube posted by the Boy Scouts eight years ago:
No comments:
Post a Comment