His niece, Rebecca Bartlett, posted at the Bela Lugosi Appreciation Society Facebook page yesterday:
Our uncle Arthur Lennig passed away. Wanted this group to know.
Lennig's book The Immortal Count has to be the most comprehensive biography on the horror star. It included photos of his meeting with Lugosi when he was a teen. My roommate at the time had been so engrossed in the book that she carried it everywhere.
| Above, Arthur Lennig with his idol, Bela Lugosi, circa late 1940s. Author's collection. |
UPDATE:
Laura Wagner posted the following:
R.I.P., ARTHUR LENNIG (February 22, 1933 – October 2026), author of IMMORTAL COUNT: THE LIFE AND FILMS OF BELA LUGOSI (an updated version of THE COUNT: THE LIFE AND FILMS OF BELA "DRACULA" LUGOSI) and STROHEIM.
2 comments:
I have had The Count on my bookshelf for literally 50 years. I probably sent away for it from an ad in The Monster Times. I think I'll read it again, thanks to your post. Fifty years ago I was reading a great deal. Not so much anymore, thanks to TV and the internet. But I'm trying to change that in my retirement.
I had my copy of The Immortal Count not quite as long. I think I got it around 20 years ago. It is a good read.
Post a Comment