"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

At The Jamestown Shooting Area

Above, yours truly with the Ruger P95. Photo by Victor Gomez.

Finally, after a little over a year living in Jamestown, New Mexico, I did some target shooting at the shooting area that's adjacent to our community of Whispering Cedars. The shooting area is very close to our community. I can hear the gunshots from the area at home.

We decided to make use of our Second Amendment rights today.

Above, Larry's service dog Neeko. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

It was a nice day, around 60°, but it got a little gusty.out.

I was joined at the shooting area by Larry Lucier and Victor Gomez, two fellow Whispering Cedars residents.

Above, a view of Whispering Cedars from th shooting area. The
road to the shooting range is at right. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

We almost didn't get to shoot after arriving at the shooting area. Larry's service dog Neeko took off running. She went almost a quarter mile away from us, almost to the highway. She's only about six month old and is in need of some more intensive training. But, we got her back and we unloaded our equipment from the car.

Above, Larry Lucier. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

First, we did some rifle shooting at targets at 100 yards. After that, we switched to pistols at 50 yards.

Above, Larry heading out to set up the targets led by his brother's dog Cody. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

This was the first time I shot with my Ruger P95 9mm semi-automatic. It shot well and I liked the sights on it. It was also the first time I shot my Ruger 10/22 rifle in a long time and the first time I shot with a scope on it. I was pleased by the results, but I definitely need a new pair of eyeglasses.

Above, Larry setting up the targets. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Due to the winds, we decided to cut our shooting short after about an hour and a half. We'll be back when the weather is better with no winds. It looks like I'll be having a fun summer.

Above, Victor is shooting while Larry watches. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

No comments:

Search This Blog