"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Eye Exam and Dinner In Gallup

Above, tonight's dinner at Earl's Family Restaurant. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The other day, I was thinking that it would be nice if I could get new eyeglasses before the cruise to Cuba. As luck would have it, I received a call today from the optometrist's office in Gallup that I left my phone number with a few weeks ago. They had a cancellation and asked if I wanted to come in for an eye exam. Without hesitation, I said "yes".

The eye exam turned out well. All the tests (glaucoma, etc.) came out fine, no problems. My left eye hadn't changed since I last got an eye exam six or so years ago, but my right eye changed a little. It was actually better than the last exam.

I'll be getting my new glasses in about 7 to 10 days.

Since it was after 3:30, I figured I'd have dinner in Gallup. As Interstate 40 is undergoing construction work at the Jamestown exit and the eastbound lanes have been reduced to one, I would take my time going home as there would probably be some traffic back-up.

So, after the eye exam, I went to Earl's Family Restaurant on Historic Route 66 and had chicken enchiladas (they were good, by the way).

After dinner, to avoid possible traffic back-up, I decided to drive Route 66 instead of Interstate 40 to get home. Route 66 goes from Gallup east to the Iyanbito bridge at I-40, the exit before Jamestown.

As it turned out, both lanes on I-40 were open and I got home in no time. It was a nice drive on Route 66. As I was driving, occasional downpours would hit. The most intense was at the exit for Jamestown as rain was mixed with hail.

No comments:

Search This Blog