"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Up The Hill Last Night

Above, a nice display of Navajo rugs Roger's wife and relatives made. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Last night, I was invited up the hill for dinner at Roger's, one of the guys I hang out with in Jamestown.

It was a nice dinner and we finished it up watching John Wick: Chapter 2 (2017). That was one bloody movie! It was playing on the Paramount Channel. (One annoying thing: lots of commericals. Luckily, they could be skipped by hitting fast forward.) It was an enjoyable evening.

But getting home was something else. When we stepped out of the house, it wasn't snowing. But by the time I reached my car, it was coming down with gusts of wind. On top of that, it was very muddy out (I must have brought home a good portion of Roger's land on my boots).

The snow caked up the windows in short order and they were fogging up. My defroster doesn't work and I had a plug-in heater. It kept me warm, but it fogged the windows.

Part way down the hill, I had to follow Larry Lucier down to our street as I couldn't see too much. But, I made it.

I didn't know that I had a lot of mud on my boots and I made a trail on the carpet. Luckily, I have some Hoover carpet cleaner and I mixed up a batch and scrubbed the mud out with the solution and a brush. This morning, the carpet was nicely clean and dry.

It is snow showering out right now. The accumulation is about an inch. The temperature is about 34° out, so some is not staying on the ground for long.

No comments:

Search This Blog