"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, March 1, 2014

March Already?! We May Be Up Against A Medi-Cal "Death Panel"



Where the heck did the month of February go?

It seems like only yesterday that I was celebrating my birthday and, a few days later, I was headed off to Japan for visit number 7. I don't know how lucky the 7th visit turned out to be since I was stuck for 16 hours inside a Keisei Line train car in Chiba Prefecture due to snow. I guess it could have been worse, my fellow passengers and I could have frozen to death.

The days still went by pretty fast after I got back, only slowed by a lingering headcold that I caught from a co-worker.

March will be no less busy as I have to concentrate on two things: first, getting rid of the aforementioned cold and, second, seeing that my roomie Jes get past the hurdles Medi-Cal has thrown up so she can be listed for a liver transplant. I found out today from her father that Medi-Cal won't approve a transplant unless she takes a six-month Alcoholics Anonymous program first. WTF?! According to Jes's dad, this was told to him by a Medi-Cal doctor.

If they think we're going to roll over on this, they don't know what they're in for. As her dad said:
So the transplant surgeon is going to call that [expletives deleted] doctor at Medi-Cal to enlighten him on Jess's condition and try to change his mind.

I am so pissed off, just pissed off.  If this SOB doesn't change his mind I will try every way possible to get FOX News knocking at his door asking if he is Obama's death panel.
Alcohol has nothing to do with this matter as her doctor told her father two weeks ago that the liver failure stems from prescribed methotrexate. So this is totally bogus. (Methotrexate is one powerful and nasty drug, so I'd think hard about using it if prescribed.)

According to her father, this is directly tied to (you'd never guess) Obamacare!

Well, she doesn't have six months, she may not even have six weeks. This is totally insane! The transplant has to be done on an urgent basis.

Her father and I (as her primary caregiver) will deal with this head-on Monday. Your prayers for a successful outcome are appreciated.

UPDATE: I have already contacted several "media giants" on this matter, ones with nice, big microphones!

No comments:

Search This Blog