"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Days Away To Metropolis



It looks like I'll be heading off to Metropolis, Illinois for Noel Neill's celebration of life memorial this coming Sunday or Monday. I'm leaning towards a Sunday departure.

This will give me plenty of time to get there for the November 5 memorial and, also, to makes some tourist stops along the way. I have a preliminary list of stops here. I'll probably stop at other places along the way, if they look interesting.



This looks to be the longest solo (along with my cat Sierra) trip since I drove around the Four Corners area of Southwest United States back in the 1980s. This time, I'll be a lot more comfortable with The Beast.

The weather along the route (mainly Interstate 40) looks to be on the warm side, but that can always change. I will monitor my Weather Channel app on my cell phone and the U.S. weather channels on my citizens band radio. That will also come in hand for traffic and road condition reports.



I am looking to arriving in Metropolis on November 3 or 4 so I can visit the Super Museum and visit with other early arrival friends. Thanks goodness there is a state park with campground in Metropolis, so I'll be staying there. Jim Hambrick of the Super Museum in Metropolis gave me the tip on that.

No comments:

Search This Blog