"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, October 30, 2016

First Leg: Williams, Arizona

Above, on Interstate 40 in Arizona. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The first leg of many legs (this trip will have so many legs to it that it'll seem like a centipede by the time it's done) is completed.

I reached Williams, Arizona around 4:15 this afternoon. I am currently at the Grand Canyon/Williams KOA Kampground. They have a sign in front: "Why did the mummy come here to relax? He needed to unwind!" (Sounds like a bad joke by Don Glut.)

Above, The Beast at the Grand Canyon/Williams KOA. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

It has been cloudy during the whole drive with very sparse rainfall. Just as well.

It seems that people who still own micro-mini Class C motorhomes (on Toyota chassis) are out this weekend as I've noticed several.

One interesting place I saw was a sign as I was about to enter Kingman, Arizona for Holy Moses Wash. Who comes up with these names?

Sierra stayed on my lap during the drive on the Pearblossom Highway until I stopped for breakfast at the Flying J truck stop in Barstow.

Above, the Camp Clipper plaque. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

While en route, I did stop for a break at a rest stop near Fenner, California and took a picture of a Clamper plaque (Billy Holcomb Chapter) that was dedicated in 1991 for Camp Clipper, part of General George S. Patton's Desert Training Center. I think I attended that plaque dedication.


Above, a Russian church photo sent by Asya.

I received some pictures from Asya, who is currently in Russia. She is in Tver and Dmitrov visiting relatives. Sounds like she's having a good time. They already have snow there.

After overnighting here in Williams, I will be heading to Albuquerque tomorrow morning. On the way, I will be stopping at Meteor Crater.

No comments:

Search This Blog