"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

RV Travel: Taking It Slow

Above, the river behind my campsite in Lava Hot Springs, Idaho. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

When I went to Lava Hot Springs, Idaho to camp at a KOA Kampground in town while in the state to view the Great American Eclipse, I stayed there three nights as I had reservations at a RV park near Crater Lake National Park in Oregon. I should have stayed in Lava Hot Springs at least an extra night as there were things there to see that I missed and the campsite was right next to a small river, which was very enjoyable. It is one of my top ten favorite campgrounds since I bought The Beast.

At the time, it didn't seem like I was rushing, but it turned out I was. I should have slowed down as I had plenty of time (being retired). The campsite, weather, location and close proximity to the town were ideal.

Above, the campsite at Lava Hot Springs City Center KOA. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Which brings me to the subject of a new article in Do It Yourself RV: "5 Reasons You Should Travel Slower".

They start it with:
One of the number one things we’ve learned during our years traveling full-time is to slow down. This may sound crazy to some. After all, there’s a whole world to explore and we have the freedom to explore it! 
I understand this mindset, truly, I do. When we first started out, we hopped from one place to the next at lightning speed. However, we soon discovered that there are some major benefits to slow travel, and we’ve found that these benefits far outweigh the negatives. We now take our time in all of our travels and we are far happier for it. 
Wondering what kinds of benefits slow travel might provide? Below are the top 5 reasons we choose to take it easy and see the country at a more relaxed pace.
To read more, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog