"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, May 24, 2019

First Rodeo This Year

Above, the calf roping event at Red Rock Park Rodeo Arena. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After a cold night last night, we're enjoying come comfortable 60° temperatures.

I went over to Red Rock Park for the state finals for the New Mexico High School Rodeo Association/New Mexico Junior High School Rodeo Association. I went to their state finals last year and had a great time. This year's was no different. This is one great spectator sport. The contestants were boys and girls.

Above, the rodeo arena snack bar. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I spent about a couple of hours watching several events of the high school contestants. This evening, it will be the junior high contestants. There will be more events tomorrow. It is well worth coming out for. Where else can you enjoy a sport for free these days? I even received a free patch!

Above, a shot of my mostly-devoured quesadilla that Asya requested. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After watching, I headed over to the snack bar and bought myself some lemonade and chicken quesadillas. While at the snack bar, I was chatting with Asya (in St. Petersburg, Russia) and mentioned the chicken quesadillas. She asked me to send a photo. I did, but I also told her there wasn't much left. She said the photo still reminded her of them. She said she misses those and tacos.

I will probably come back this evening or tomorrow.

Of course, I brought along my camera and took some photos.

Here's some more:











No comments:

Search This Blog