"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, May 19, 2019

Telescoping Flagpole

Above, the finished flagpole and stand. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

My little project for today is completed.

For quite a while, I felt there was something "missing" in the yard. And that was a means to fly the flag. Rather than drill holes in the house's siding, I decided instead to get a yard flagpole. Fortunately, they were being advertised on Facebook.

Above, the pvc pipe flagpole stand is solidly anchored in concrete. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Normally, telescoping yard flagpoles are over $200, but the sale offer was for $119.98 for a 25' pole. It comes with a stand (a pvc pipe) and a 3' x 5' U.S. flag. I already have flags (including a Gadsden flag), so now I have a means to fly them (I already have a 20' Flag Pole Buddy for the RV) in the yard. I thought that was a reasonable price.

Last night, I bought a 50# bag of Quikrete (concrete) formulated for posts. I didn't think I needed the entire 50 pounds, but it turned out I did.

I had to dig a 30-inch wide hole, 16 inches deep. I did that yesterday.

This morning, I got the pvc pipe stand firmly anchored in the Quikrete. It was fully set within 30 minutes. I waited a few hours and tested it. It was rock solid (the weren't kidding about being quick!).

Above, the flagpole from the deck. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

So, this afternoon, I put the flaqpole in with U.S. and Trump 2020 flags. Everything worked just fine. Today was a good test as the winds are really gusting today. Since we're headed for inclement weather tonight and tomorrow, I'll take it down this evening.

I got the flagpole kit through SHOP.STANDFLAGPOLES.COM. They also have 20' and 30' flagpole kits.

No comments:

Search This Blog