"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, May 20, 2019

Snow In May

Above, it was snowing in this photo. It melted pretty quick on the ground but stayed on vehicles. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Well, we heard it was snowing in Flagstaff, Arizona, so we really weren't too surprised that it would be snowing in Jamestown, New Mexico. Also, the Arizona Department of Transportation posted:
One of the cameras near Window Rock is literally covered with snow right now. Meanwhile, I-40 in Lupton is now starting to see flurries.

Lupton is at the Arizona-New Mexico border on I-40, 40 miles west of Jamestown.

Victor Gomez and I were down at Denny's at the Flying J having coffee. We were talking about Durango, Colorado and other places in Colorado and New Mexico. My back was to the window. It was raining when we arrived.

Above, a view of the front yard after getting home. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I just happened to turn around and looked outside and saw that it was snowing. After exclaiming, "What?!" I went out and took the above photo.

As I said, we weren't really all that surprised, but then again, we were. It is about 41° outside, so the snow won't last too long on the ground (it is lasting longer on vehicles). After coffee, we went into the Flying J to get our mail and ran into some girls wearing shorts. I said to them, "Shorts?" They laughed and said, "We're from Phoenix!" I told them to drive safely and went to the post office.

Above, it looks like I won't be sitting on the deck today. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

When heading out to the car, I noticed several RVs at the gas pumps and in the parking lot. I'd bet they didn't expect this weather. It appeared that some were going to sit out the snow at the Flying J for awhile.

After getting home, I took two more photos.

As Victor said, as we were looking at the snow, "That's New Mexico weather!"

No comments:

Search This Blog