"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

John Lennon

Above, John Lennon's "Double Fantasy" album my dad bought. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Forty years ago today, John Lennon was murdered in New York. I remember that night like it was yesterday.

I was driving on Aviation Blvd. in my new 1980 Toyota Pick-up in Manhattan Beach when the bulletin came on.

One thing I really remember about the news broadcasts were that different stations varied in their reporting. Some would say Lennon was dead, while others said he was still alive. Since this was a month after the 1980 election, it sounded like election night where one station would project states for Reagan while others projected states for Carter.

A day or so later, my dad picked up a copy of Lennon's "Double Fantasy" album (pictured above). It is not a bad album, except for the Yoko Ono songs. 

It amazes my how time has flown by. 

No comments:

Search This Blog