"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, December 24, 2020

Christmas Eve 2020

Above, Happy Eggnog Day!

Well, if it weren't for the restrictions imposed by governors of California and New Mexico, I would be in Wildomar, California for Christmas Eve at my cousin's. So I am at home on Christmas Eve.

Tomorrow will be my first Christmas in New Mexico. 

Above, Waylon Jennings "Music Man".

Today was enjoyable. I mainly stayed home today playing records I haven't listened to in ages.

Also, since today is also "National Eggnog Day", I celebrated by having some with brandy and sprinkles of cinnamon. I am having some more now.

Above, the Danny Davis & Willie Nelson record. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The records I played included Hank Williams Sr. ("40 Greatest Hits"), Danny Davis & Willis Nelson with the Nashville Brass (I don't remember how I got that record. It could have been a gift or it could have been my mom's.) and Waylon Jennings ("Music Man" and "Greatest Hits"). I bought the Waylon Jennings records back in the 1980s and the Hank Williams album a few months ago.

Above, Waylon Jennings "Greatest Hits". Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I did have a scare at the Flying J today. When I got back into the car after picking up a package at the post office (a new space heater), it wouldn't start. I called a friend to see if he could pick me up and drive me home. The mechanic was closed today and the earliest they could possibly look at it would be Monday. After calling, I bought a few things and went back to the car. Well, when I tried to start it, it started! So I cancelled the ride and headed home. I'll keep an eye on the car during the next few days. 

This evening, I watched for the second time (since I bought the DVD a week ago) Justice League (2017). I don't know why so many people derided the movie, I found it enjoyable with a coherent plot. 

Anyway, on to Christmas Day tomorrow!

No comments:

Search This Blog