"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, December 21, 2020

Well, We Tried

Above, tonight's moon didn't help with our viewing. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

This evening, Russell, Victor and I went out to the Barking Spider Acre to view the conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn.

I brought out my Celestron reflector telescope for the viewing. Unfortunately, while loading it into the Jeep, one of the fastener fittings pieces for the finderscope broke off. I found that without it, it would be near impossible to try to get the planets in the telescope.

On top of that, the temperature was down into the 30s and even though we were wearing gloves, the cold got to our fingers. Painfully so. My fingers hurt until I made a cup of coffee and the heat from the cup "thawed" them.

Above, the Celestron reflecting telescope. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

At least Victor brought along a pair of binoculars and we were able to see the conjunction through them.

I found the broken finderscope piece inside the Jeep and I fixed it with some Crazy Glue. 

I learned a lesson today, it is to not bother to stargaze in bitter cold weather.

No comments:

Search This Blog