"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, February 22, 2021

Be "Less White" and Drink Coca-Cola?



So Coca-Cola wants their employee to be "less white", eh?

Let's see. Should their employees go to a tropical isle and get deep dark tans?  At company expense, of course!

This is just more evidence that the world, well, at least the United States, has gone completely bonkers.

From Fox News:

Coca-Cola raised some eyebrows this week for promoting an online training seminar that urged employees to “try to be less white” in order to combat racial discrimination.

Slides from the training seminar shared online this week featured tips on how to tone down whiteness.

The tips to “be less white” included: “be less arrogant, be less certain, be less defensive, be more humble, listen, believe, break with apathy,” and “break with white solidarity.”

Another slide tells viewers that in order to confront racism, they must understand “what it means to be white, challenging what it means to be racist.”

White people in the United States and other western nations, are “socialized to feel that they are inherently superior because they are white,” another slide reads.

It continued: “Research shows that by age 3 to 4, children understand that it is better to be white.”

The seminar has predictably provide divisive, with some praising the company and others threatening to boycott it.

Attorney and Center for American Liberty founder Harmeet Dhillon, who shared the slides on her Twitter, said the slides seemed “like blatant racial discrimination.”

Not surprisingly, this is causing a backlash.

To read more, go here.

6 comments:

J.D. Lees said...

I've switched from Coke to my store's generic cola. To my surprise, I can't tell the difference and it's also much cheaper.

Armand Vaquer said...

For some reason, other colas don't mix well with liquors (such as rum). Just coke seems to be the compatible one.

J.D. Lees said...

My generic brand of cola goes great with my rye. But I'm not much of a conny-sewer. I usually buy the cheapest bottle (of rye) I can. If I lived in the U.s. where liquor is nice and cheap, I might up my game a little.

Armand Vaquer said...

When you are down for G-FEST, do you return home stocked?

Generally, I am a wine person. But I go for brandy and egg nogs during the holidays. Last summer, I picked up a bottle of local-brewed rum at Honeyville in Durango, Colorado. I'll have an occasional rum and Coke. That rum, to me, was better than the one I got in Havana.

As for colas, I used to like RC Cola, but you can never find it anywhere. Pepsi doesn't do it for me.

J.D. Lees said...

To answer your question "do I go home stocked" the answer is no. Our wonderful federal government "protects" Canadians against cheap liquor by allowing only one bottle (26 oz) per person when crossing back into Canada. So I usually pick up a bottle of rye at the duty free near the border. It's well under half the price in Canada, and that helps make it taste mighty good! BTW, they won't even let us travel to the US at all now; border has been closed to "non-essential" travel for almost a year. Such is the state of freedom in the 21st century.

We used to have RC Cola up here, but haven't seen it in a long while.

BTW, I'm envious of your "Roamin' around" photos. We are still under snow here and will likely be so for another month. We actually haven't had much this winter, maybe a foot overall, but once it comes it stays until spring melt. Gets a little depressing after awhile. All your open ground looks great to my eyes.

Armand Vaquer said...

We are technically in a drought here. The snow usually melts within days. But we're grateful for whatever we get.

Search This Blog