"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, February 14, 2021

Propane Shortage?

Above, getting The Beast's propane tank filled. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Propane shortage?

The last time I refilled my RV propane thank was sometime in 2019. Since my camping activities were limited last year, I have not had the need for refilling the tank.

Since my home is fueled by propane (stove, heater, etc.), I have been spending on that instead. I haven't noticed any price hikes in my propane bills. I guess I'll have to pay closer attention when I get the next bill.

But RVtravel says there is a propane shortage in an article that showed up in my email this morning.

They start with:

Across the U.S., propane prices have skyrocketed up 70% since last November. In some places, folks depending on the pressurized gas for home heating are hurting. In Wisconsin, the situation has become so intense that rules limiting how much time truck drivers can work have been lifted for LP truckers. What’s happening? A propane shortage is creating world-wide issues.

While living in Southern California, my propane cost was around $3.00/gallon. Here, in New Mexico, it has been under $2.00/gallon.

It is interesting that fuel prices have skyrocketed since the November election. Coincidence? I think not.

To read more, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog