"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, February 18, 2021

Melanie Morgan: Remembering Rush Limbaugh, tireless supporter of our Troops

Last night, I received the following email from Melanie Morgan. I thought I'd share it. - A.

Remembering our hero: Rush Limbaugh



I woke up this morning with an uneasy feeling. One of my Facebook friends posted an urgent note to pray for Rush Limbaugh. I replied that I pray for my friend of over 40 years each and every single day. As I always do, I turned on the radio at 9:00 for the beginning of his multi-award winning radio show and to my shock, I heard (for the first time) the voice of his wife Kathryn.

I knew instantly what she was going to say. When she relayed the word that Rush had passed in the middle of the night, I burst out crying.

But I passionately want to share some of the things I know about Rush, and his amazing journey to the center of the Radio world, where he will remain a giant in my life and the lives of millions of Americans.

Since 2001 Limbaugh has been fighting and overcoming several health issues. From an inner-ear disease that required him to wear a hearing aid to a battle with highly addictive painkillers, Rush never let these struggles stop him from reaching his beloved audience, who love and await his positive, patriotic message.

On Rush Limbaugh's 20th anniversary as a radio talk show host, debuting on the EIB (Excellence in Broadcasting) radio network, WorldNetDaily asked me to write a column honoring Rush. So it might seem fairly odd that I began this piece talking about the personal and professional setbacks El Rushbo has experienced in the past few years. But there is a purpose, a higher purpose. Hang with me for a minute.

I have known Rush Limbaugh since I was a teenager beginning in the radio business in my hometown of Kansas City, Mo., where he and I worked at KUDL radio. But when he moved to Sacramento to begin his talk show at KFBK, I asked my boss at KGO in San Francisco to give him a listen. I thought he was really so different from anything that I had ever heard on the radio.

Over the years I watched my longtime friend Rush build his brand into a media powerhouse the likes of which the world had never seen, and likely will never see again. He almost single-handedly forged the talk radio industry as we know it today and built it up into a billion dollar business. Many of the colleagues I now call friends got their start in the radio business with inspiration from Rush.

Over the years, Rush has donated more than a million dollars to my charity organization Move America Forward, making him the largest donor in our history. When I pitched him on the idea of doing a Internet show to raise money for care packages for our troops, he wrote me back “I want IN.”

He appeared on our show raising money to send care packages to the troops for 13 years, always with a smile of appreciation for our work, and nothing but praise for the brave men and women who defend our freedom.

When Rush started getting sicker, I wrote him more frequently about our shared memories. He wrote back that his memory was now ‘gray’ and he was having a hard time focusing. But he promised me he would write back a lengthier note soon.

Sadly, that letter never arrived. His legacy will be defined now. Those who knew Rush and loved him must write his history, lest his haters be allowed to define him. I am determined that should NOT happen.

I will never, ever forget the basic kindness and generosity of Rushton Hudson Limbaugh and all that he has done for America, and given humbly and without expectation.

God be with you, my friend.

You are already missed.

Melanie Morgan, Former talk show host, KSFO Radio, San Francisco, CA



 

No comments:

Search This Blog