"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Two Rums

Over the years, rum from Cuba had a reputation of being among the best in the world. 

During a cruise to Havana, Cuba two years ago, I picked up a bottle of Havana Club rum. As far as taste goes, to this non-professional liquor taster, I didn't find it any better than Bacardi rum. It wasn't bad, but I didn't find it extraordinary either.

Above, the bottle of Havana Club rum I bought in Cuba. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


Last September, during a stop at Honeyville in Durango, Colorado, I found a local-brewed rum in their gift shop, Red Cliffs. It has a bit of spice to it that gives it a good kick in flavor. I still have about a half a bottle of it left. I prefer it to the Havana Club rum.

Above, the Durango, Colorado rum. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

In my recent post on Coca-Cola of a couple of days ago, G-FAN's J. D. Lees and I got started a discussion about colas (funny how blog topics come up) and liquor. For some reason, as I mentioned in our comments discussion, Coke mixes with rums and other liquors a lot better than other colas. It has to be the formula (which is a closely-guarded secret). That's how I drink rums.

Funny thing, back during my college days, I used to tend bar at political fundraisers and whenever someone requested a rum & Coke, they tended to be from the Los Angeles/South Bay city of Lomita. 

No comments:

Search This Blog