"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, December 6, 2021

Thank Goodness For Space Heaters

Above, the propane truck arrived to fill the tank. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


Today started out normally until I started feeling cold.

So, I went to turn the thermostat up. After a while, I noticed no change and my thermometer in the kitchen read 50°. I had the thermostat set at 75°. It was in the 20s outside.

At first, I thought the heating unit (a Coleman propane model) had dirty filters that could affect the heater, which it did. I cleaned them off (I'll get new ones Wednesday). That had no effect.

After trying different things to get the heater to work, I contacted a HVAC guy in Gallup and set up an appointment.

At least I was able to keep myself and Sierra warm with a space heater.

I don't remember why I did this, but I went into the kitchen to turn on a burner on the stove. Nothing happened. The igniters were working on all burners but no propane was coming out to ignite. 

A-ha! That was the problem! I was out of propane. I cancelled the HVAC service call.

My account with the propane supplier in Gallup was current (paid last in early November) and apparently I received no deliveries for some time. So I called them and gave them hell.

Within an hour, a propane truck showed up an filled the tank. And later, a technician showed up to re-light the pilot lights to the water heater, stove and heater and perform a Propane Safety Check.  The bill the driver gave me was a whopper: nearly $600. But, if I pay the bill by December 16, the price would be discounted down to $571. I mailed the check today.

What a day!

No comments:

Search This Blog