"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, December 31, 2021

Tried The Chile Rellenos

Above, the finished relleno plate. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

As I mentioned in a post from yesterday, I went into Gallup to find some tamales since Erlinda's Tamale Shop has been closed due to a lack of employees (anyone need a job?).

I found some at the local markets and will try some tonight. Along with finding tamales, I found some chile rellenos at Lowe's Market. They looked intriguing, so I bought a package of four. 

Above, the package of chile rellenos. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

To cook them, all one has to do is pre-heat a skillet lightly oiled and cook them for a minute or two. This I did and they came out good.

I had them with some refried beans and Spanish rice. I covered them with some Hatch Valley salsa. Not bad! I will have the remaining two tomorrow night. They are so big that only one can fit on a plate at a time. 

No comments:

Search This Blog