"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, October 27, 2022

Cold Weather = Gun Cleaning

Since it is 34° outside (too cold for Jeep driving), I figured that it was time to do some gun cleaning and oiling.

Since I did the rifles a few weeks ago, got out some of my pistols for their cleaning and oiling. I have others, but I decided to start off with these.

Above, the first for cleaning and oiling was the Ruger P95 9mm. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


Above, next was my old Rossi .38 Special that I keep loaded with snake shot. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, lastly, was my dad's old Jennings J-22 .22 pocket pistol. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

While working on the Jennings .22, I remembered a time my dad was with me (I was driving) and heading to my Tarzana apartment and some Bozo down the block got upset over something (as it was over 20 years ago, I don't remember what) and got into a fit of road rage while we were waiting for my gate to open. 

While the dude was busy raging at my window, my dad was prepared with the Jennings, in case he tried something. I was unaware of this until after the dude took off. Ah, memories!

I love the smell of Hoppe's No. 9 in the morning. Smells of...freedom!

No comments:

Search This Blog