"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Goodies In The Mailbox

 

Above, the new Superman book and the American Silver Eagle coin. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After a four hour drive, I made it home from Monument Valley.

It was a nice drive and I made only two stops. The first was for coffee in Window Rock, Arizona and for a couple of grocery item at T & R Supermarket in Gallup.

This was an enjoyable trip. I'll have to do it again.

While unpacking, I did notice something that did mar an otherwise great trip. A chrome wheelcover is missing from the passenger rear wheel. It either fell off (I didn't hear anything) or was stolen. It could have happened either at T & R or in Window Rock (at a Speedway gas station). I am having a Winnebago dealer locate a replacement. 

Some goodies did arrive in the mail while I was gone. I had ordered a Jeep soft top window repair kit last week. One of the vinyl (or plastic) windows is cracking, so this will repair it. 

My 2022 American Silver Eagle coin that I ordered a week or so ago arrived. Beautiful coin!

Next, which is a surprise, a book by friend Brian McKernan, With Thanks To Superman, arrived. It was autographed by Brian. Yours truly is mentioned and a photo of a group of us at the 2014 plaque dedication in Tarzana is in the book. It is a compilation of "40 years' worth of Superman reports, interviews and reflections." Looks to be a good read! (The Superman figure on the cover looks a bit like Leonard Nimoy.)

Thanks, Brian!

No comments:

Search This Blog