"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Got More RV Use This Year Than Expected

Above, yours truly in Monument Valley two weeks ago.

When gasoline prices started to skyrocket this year, I didn't think I would be getting much use out of the motorhome.

But then prices started to fall during the summer and they got to the point that I could afford to go do some traveling.

First, in July, my ex-roommate Jessica and I went to Durango, Colorado and Navajo Lake in New Mexico. Both were reasonably close to home and I only needed a tank and a quarter for the whole trip.

Above, aboard the Durango train in July.

Then, a month later, I headed up to Ouray and Ridgway, Colorado for the John Wayne Cancer Foundation's Grit Series 5K and Half Marathon. The amount of fuel for that was the same as the Durango trip. 

Above, yours truly with Patrick Wayne near Ridgway, Colorado August 27.

Then, I attended the Lost Dutchman Chapter, ECV's fall clampout near Ash Fork, Arizona in September. I only needed one tank of gas for that trip.

Above, The Beast at the Lost Dutchman clampout near Ash Fork. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

This month, I headed up to Monument Valley for a couple of nights. That trip also only required one tank of gas. 

Currently, the gasoline price averages for New Mexico are as follows (unleaded regular, mid-grade and premium) from AAA:

New Mexico $3.619 $3.953 $4.247

As high as those prices are, they're still much better than California's. If I were to still a resident there, I definitely would not be using the motor home much, if at all. Luckily, I am at the right place and at the right time when it comes to gas prices. 

Here's California's (from AAA):

California $5.675 $5.902 $6.040

No comments:

Search This Blog