"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, October 28, 2022

RV Parking Overnight At Truck Stop Rules

Above, the Jamestown, New Mexico Flying J. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Since I bought my motorhome seven years ago, I only attempted to overnight at a truck stop once. That was in Missouri and I left because it was too noisy. I ended up overnighting at a rest area. That was much quieter.

That truck stop didn't have a separate area for overnighting RVs. The Flying J in Jamestown, New Mexico does have a separate area for RVs.

There are some rules RVers should follow when staying at a truck stop. They are unwritten, but common sense stipulates they should be followed anyway for an uneventful night's sleep.

RV Lifestyle posted them and they begin with:

There are often heated debates between truckers and RVers on whether it’s okay to park RVs overnight at truck stops. Technically, yes, it is okay, but only if you follow these unwritten rules.

Because let me tell you, these rules may be unwritten but an angry truck driver will be more than willing to shout them at you. Or worse, show you.

I’ve heard how truckers have taken out RV slides or parked scarily close to RVs to prove their point. I’ve also heard about plenty of angry threats, too.

So, as a longtime boondocker who has stayed overnight at truck stops, I will share my advice with you. The key is respect!

To read more, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog