"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Trip Wrap Up

Above, The Mittens and Merrick Butte during the Sunrise Tour. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today's the day I wrap up my little trek to Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park.

I enjoyed my trip, the Sunrise Tour through Monument Valley with Goulding's Tours was well worth it. Six years ago, I took another tour and some of the formations were in shadow (like the Three Sisters). Going early in the morning gave better view of them as the lighting was much better. I recommend this tour.

Above, at The Mittens viewpoint during the Sunrise Tour.

One disappointment was the Stage Coach Restaurant in Goulding's Lodge. The food was good, but the dinner selection was not much. They should have more offerings. There were more choices for breakfast. But their window seating was great.

The last time I was at Goulding's (six years ago), the shuttle wasn't operating as it was mid-November. This time, they were in operation and would pick up passengers anywhere at Goulding's. All it takes is a phone call from the facility one's at and the shuttle will arrive in minutes. 

This sime, I was able to go inside John Wayne's cabin. There were some interesting exhibits inside. It was closed the last time I was here. Only the exterior of the cabin was used in She Wore A Yellow Ribbon. The interiors were shot in a soundstage in Hollywood.

Above, inside John Wayne's Cabin. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The drive through the Navajo Nation was not bad, I rather enjoyed the scenery along Indian Route 59. That and the other highways made the 3 1/2 hour drive pleasant. I just might come to Monument Valley more often.

I was thinking of taking the route that would have me at Four Corners Monument, but that's 107 miles out of the way, so I'll skip it. 

No comments:

Search This Blog