"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, February 7, 2023

John Wayne Grit Series 2023 Schedule

Above, Ethan Wayne at the Ridgway event.. Photo by Armand Vaquer

Last summer, I headed up to Ridgway, Colorado to watch the John Wayne Cancer Foundation's Grit Series Half Marathon and 5k runs. Fortunately for me, Ridgway is only a few hours away.

Above, yours truly with Patrick Wayne at the Ridgway event.

I had an enjoyable time, which included meeting Patrick and Ethan Wayne. The scenery was beautiful. Many scenes from True Grit (1969) were filmed there.

I received an email which included this year's marathon schedule (click on the links (orange letters) for details):

Here's the 2023 event line up:
Stay Dusty,
- The John Wayne Cancer Foundation Team

I highly recommend donating and/or attending either as a spectator or as a runner. I hope to attend this year's Ridgway event and likely volunteer.

No comments:

Search This Blog