"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Finally Tried Jerry's Café

Above, inside Jerry's Café. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Finally, at long last, I tried out Jerry's Café in Downtown Gallup. I had wanted to try out their food, but for one reason or another, I just never got there until today.

After picking up Larry Lucier from his physical therapy appointment, we headed over to Jerry's Café. The timing couldn't have been better, The place was packed, but a table able to accommodate Larry's wheelchair was available.

Above, Larry Lucier in front of Jerry's Café. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Since the El Rancho Hotel's restaurant manager decided to eliminate chile rellenos, this was good time to try a new (for me) place. Jerry's had chile rellenos on their menu and, of course, I had to try them out. They were great! Larry had their BLT sandwich. He said they make them "the way I would."

Above, the chile rellenos. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Jerry's Café has been in business in Gallup since the 1970s. It is a small hole-in-the-wall family restaurant, but the food is good (as I confirmed) at reasonable prices. It is usually packed and during the summer, people can be seen waiting for a table in a line that extends out along the sidewalk.

I'll definitely will be going back.

No comments:

Search This Blog