"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, August 28, 2023

Jeep Fixed

Above, the Jeep after getting home. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

This morning, I went into Gallup to pick up the Jeep from the mechanic's.

The problem with the Jeep (stalling, hesitating, bucking) were caused by the carburetor. Alex, the mechanic, said the old carburetor was "bad".  I have the old carburetor in the garage. I may later have it rebuilt.

I drove the first 16 miles or so on Historic Route 66. It ends at the Iyanbito bridge and I drove the final two miles on Interstate 40 to Jamestown.

Above, having an Alien Amber Ale after getting home.

One odd thing happened while on Interstate 40. The top speed for the Jeep is around 55 mph and I was driving along and spotted a black SUV approaching in my rear-view mirror. I figured he'd pass me (like everyone else). Well, he did. Instead of passing on the number one (fast) lane like normal people, he went on the shoulder and passed me on there. Weird.

The Jeep ran fine along the entire drive to Jamestown. 

No comments:

Search This Blog