"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Jeep Problem Found

Above, before the tow truck arrived. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

As mentioned in the previous post, I had the Jeep towed in this morning. 

The mechanic called me and they already found the problem: stuck needle in the carburetor. He said that parts that old (likely since 1952) rust forms inside.

Above, on the tow truck flatbed. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

\I checked with my usual sources and found a new one. It is being shipped today free. 

I am keeping the old Carter carburetor so that I can eventually have it rebuilt. I would have it rebuilt now, but there's a six-week turnaround time.

No comments:

Search This Blog