"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Petrified Forest National Park

Above, the sign at the park's entrance. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

A few years ago, during the drive from a clampout, I stopped at Petrified Forest National Park and toured the Painted Desert of the park. I didn't go into the Petrified Forest section as it was getting late.

Today, I'll be heading there to see the Petrified Forest section. 

Petrified Forest National Park is the closest national park to me, it is roughly 92 miles from home. It is just off Interstate 40 in Arizona.

Someone asked me if I would be taking some "samples" while there. Besides being illegal to do so, I have enough petrified wood that I inherited from my grandfather who was into lapidary and he gathered petrified wood during his travels and later cut and polished them. So the answer is no.

Looking forward to this little getaway.

No comments:

Search This Blog