"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Made It To Petrified Forest National Park

Above, a couple of petrified logs in Crystal Forest. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

This morning, I made it to Petrified Forest National Park. It was only an hour and a half drive from home on Interstate 40.

While there, the weather was warm and sunny. As I already visited the Painted Forest section of the park, I skipped it and headed over to the Petrified Forest section that is across Interstate 40.

This was my first time in Petrified Forest and I enjoyed driving through it and stopping at different viewpoints. 

As I decided to leave my camera bag at home that contains the downloading cable, I will have to download the photos from it and post another blog featuring them.

One interesting item, U.S. Route 66 was once routed through the park and that is marked by a vintage car. I saw no traces of the actual road. Photos of that are in my camera that needs to be downloaded.

Above, at the KOA in Holbrook before the thunderstorm started. Photo by Armand Vaquer

I am staying at the Petrified Forest/Holbrook KOA. It was a good thing I got there when I did, a monsoon thunderstorm arrived within an hour after I did.

The following are from my cel phone:

 









No comments:

Search This Blog