"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, April 10, 2017

Here We Go Again!

Above, The Beast today at Niel's RV. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today was the day that I was going to have the rear wheelcover simulator put on The Beast.

I waited for the weather to clear up to do this. I set an appointment with Niel's RV in North Hills to have them put it on. It was set for 10:00 this morning.

Well, I got over there and after completing the paperwork, I headed next door to the local Scottish restaurant (a.k.a. McDonalds) for breakfast. After breakfast, I went back to Niel's and they told me that when they opened the box (it had never been opended), they found that Winnebago messed up.

Winnebago sent me a front wheelcover, not a rear one.

I hadn't opened the box containing the wheelcover since it arrived in December, so this came as quite a surprise.

Above, the wrong wheelcover. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Before leaving Niel's, I called Lichtsinn RV, where I ordered the wheelcover, and told them of this "little problem". They asked me for the part number on the packaging. It was the correct one, but apparently Winnebago mis-labeled the part.

They asked me to send two photos via email: one of the part number on the package and the other of the shipping label. I just sent the photos and now we'll see how they want to handle this. I already told them that I am not paying for shipping it back (around $55).

So, here we go again.

No comments:

Search This Blog