"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, April 27, 2017

To The Doctor's, Etc.

Above, back at the Keene Ranch near Tehachapi tomorrow. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

For the first time in ages, I will be in a doctor's office for myself. For the past few years, I have been in medical offices for others.

For the past two weeks, I have been plagued by congestion and a cough. At first, I thought it was my usual allergies, but it was more than that. It affected my sleep. I would average about three hours of sleep in the beginning. As far as I know, I didn't catch a cold. I tried Mucinex nighttime formula, but that didn't help. I tried a humidifier, that only made the congestion worse. Then, I went with NyQuil and that worked in getting me a full night's sleep. I actually slept 12 hours one night.

I decided that I've had enough so I am going to the doctor this afternoon to see if there's something that can knock it off. Since I have medical coverage, I may as well use it. I am hoping that it is something like bronchitis, which I know will resolve itself.

Tomorrow, Glenn Thornhill and I will be headed to the Platrix clampout at the Keene Ranch near the Tehachapi Loop for the weekend. Maybe some fresh mountain air will be some help.

Yesterday, Glenn and I mailed in our fees for the Billy Holcomb Chapter clampout that will take place the following weekend out near the Calico Ghost Town and Barstow.  So, we'll be camping out two weekends in a row. Nice way to start this year's camping season.

I hadn't been to Calico since the early 1990s when I attended a Boy Scout camporee. That was fun. I had a tent trailer at the time.

This will be the first Billy Holcomb clampout for me since 2007.

********************************************
UPDATE (4/27/17):

I like my new doctor, Dr. Nguyen. He gave me a full exam and found that I have bronchitis.

At first, he gave me a scare as he was listening to my chest, He said he was hearing "something suspicious", which makes all kinds of things go through your mind.

The longest part was getting permission from the insurance people for a chest x-ray. Once permission was given, we proceeded to the x-ray room. As my mind was still on what he said, I didn't think to empty my shirt pocket.

After the x-ray was done, we went to his office to see the result. He said, "I see what the problem is, you have a cell phone in your chest!" So we re-shot the x-ray.

Nice to have a doctor with a sense of humor. A "Nguyen-Nguyen" in my book. (In case you don't get it, Nguyen is pronounced "win".)

No comments:

Search This Blog