"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Yosemite: One Year Ago Today 3

Above, Half Dome from North Pines Campground. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

A year ago today, I was camping in Yosemite National Park with my cat Sierra at the North Pines Campground in Yosemite Valley.

This turned out to be the most rain-free day while I was at the park. Instead of going to the Ahwahnee Hotel (renamed the Yosemite Majestic Hotel due to the trademark lawsuit with Delaware North) or somewhere else for breakfast, I decided to cook my own in The Beast. It was my usual bacon, eggs and toast.

After breakfast, I decided to head to the park's laundromat to do some laundry. The laundromat is located at the Housekeeping Camp. When I got there (thankfully, Housekeeping Camp is a shuttle stop), I found the camp pretty much deserted except for workers who are getting it ready for the summer vacation season. While my laundry was in the washer, I wandered around the camp to see what the accommodations looked like. They didn't look particularly inviting. I guess once they are cleaned up and occupied the tent-cabins would look much better. It is my guess that these tent cabins are occupied by the seasonal employees during the summer.

After doing my laundry, I headed back to camp. Later, I went to Yosemite Village and browsed around the store and the Visitor Center's gift shop. I picked up a few things. I went over to the Ahwahnee Hotel and decided to get some coffee and just sit around the lounge with my laptop since they have the most usable Wi-Fi in Yosemite that I found. Cell phone service in the park was spotty at best.

I went back over to the Yosemite Village store afterwards and saw some deer in front. I managed to get some fairly close pictures of them.

After picking up a few things at the store I headed back to camp to begin dinner.

Once dinner was done and the dishes cleaned, I headed over to the Ahwahnee to peruse their gift shop. I spotted an Indiana Jones-style hat that I was tempted to buy, but I ended up not getting it. I did get a commemorative copper drinking mug. It commemorated the Centennial of the National Park Service.

Once I was done in the Ahwahnee gift shop, I headed back to camp to get things put away for my departure the next morning.

Here's some photos of day 3:

Above, the laundromat located at the Housekeeping Camp. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, the Housekeeping Camp. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, one of the tent cabins at the Housekeeping Camp. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, a view of Half Dome from North Pines Campground. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, one of the granite rock formations. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, a view of Yosemite Falls from Yosemite Village. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, the Visitor Center bookstore and gift shop. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, deer strolling in front of the Yosemite Village store. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, deer going under the Yosemite Village store walkway bridge. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, trying on a hat at the Ahwahnee gift shop. 

Above, Sierra enjoying the coffee maker box. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

No comments:

Search This Blog