"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Scored At Amoeba Music

Above, House of Dark Shadows VHS signed by Jonathan
 Frid and Kathryn Leigh Scott. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Much of today was spent down in Hollywood with my cousin Ralph.

Before heading to Hollywood, we stopped at Vip's cafe in Tarzana for breakfast.

Following breakfast, we then headed to Amoeba Music on Sunset Blvd. Amoeba Music is a huge store that sells new and used CDs, DVDs, vinyl records and other items of entertainment.

I managed to pick up the last two Clint Eastwood Dirty Harry movies: Sudden Impact (1983) and The Dead Pool  (1988). I already have both movies on VHS, but with a price tag of $2.99 each, I figured I'd get them.

But, for me, the buy of the day was a VHS copy of House of Dark Shadows (1970). I already have it on Blu-ray, but the VHS tape Amoeba Music had for sale was autographed by Jonathan Frid (Barnabas Collins) and Kathryn Leigh Scott (Maggie Evans). The price of the tape was lower than what one would expect to pay just for an autograph at a convention. Plus, it can now be considered a "rare" collectible since Jonathan Frid passed away a few years ago.

Ralph picked up a poster and several CDs.

I am very pleased with my purchases.

No comments:

Search This Blog