"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Prepping For The Clampout

Above, at the Malibu Creek State Park fresh water station. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Most of what I set out to do today in preparation for this weekend's clampout in the Tehachapi area with Platrix Chapter No. 2 has been done.

Rather than head 25+ miles to Valencia to Camping World to use their holding tank dump station, I want 13 miles instead to Malibu Creek State Park to use theirs and to fill up the water tank. Even though to use the dump station at Camping World is free for members and it costs $12.00 at Malibu Creek, I opted to go to the closer facility. The added bonus was being able to fill up the potable water tank.

Above, after filling the fresh water tank. The entrance gate is in the background. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After this, I headed to the local market to buy food and drink supplies for the weekend and then to get The Beast's gas tank filled up. At $2.79/gallon, it reminded me how much cheaper it was to fill the gas tank while on the trip to Metropolis, Illinois. Most of the states where I gassed up at had prices under $2.00/gallon. But that's California for you, and it's only going to get worse once that gas tax hike the Democrats passed recently goes into effect.

I decided to take care of most everything today since I have an afternoon doctor's appointment for a troublesome respiratory issue I've been having for the past two weeks. I don't know if it's some sort of flu bug or bronchitis, but I am seeing about it tomorrow.

No comments:

Search This Blog