"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, April 14, 2017

T + L: Family RV Adventure

Above, Zion National Park. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Travel + Leisure has posted an article on one family's first trip in a RV. 

It begins with:
One family sets out to experience the spectacular parks of the West in a camper, embarking on a journey that takes them to Joshua Tree, the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion, and the Valley of Fire.  
My son Laszlo’s lifelong dream (which admittedly he hasn’t had for long, since he’s seven) has been to take a trip in an RV. Unlike me, who has never purposely popped the hood of my Mini Cooper, he’s obsessed with all manner of vehicles. But I can relate to his RV longing. Whenever I stayed home sick from elementary school, I would watch The Price Is Right, which always seemed to offer the same two top prizes: a trip to Australia or a motor home. They were also my two dreams. Like Australia, an RV offers the adventure of travel and the similarities of home, only kid-size. An RV also strips away the unnecessary distractions that keep your parents from focusing on you. When I asked Laszlo if these were the reasons he wanted to be in an RV, he looked at me like I was an idiot. “It’s a house on wheels,” he explained.
To see how their trip went, go here.
 

No comments:

Search This Blog