"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Monsterpalooza 2017

Above, how would you like to have this on your desk? Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today, I made it to the last day of this year's Monsterpalooza. As I was driving The Beast, the closest parking I could find was about 4 blocks away.

After standing in the ticket line for about 50 minutes, I finally got into this year's Monsterpalooza at the Pasadena Convention Center. All things considered, it would have been a much worse wait had the show not moved out of the Marriott Hotel and Convention Center in Burbank.

Above, the ticket line. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

As usual, Monsterpalooza had a lot of monster, horror and science-fiction things to look at and, in some cases, to buy. There was even a little lady (sans top) getting an "Earl Scheib" paint job.

I met up with Brant Elliott while in line and we had a good time wandering around many rows of booths of just about everything imaginable.

I didn't see anyone that I knew except my daughter Amber and her boyfriend Neil and master monster suit-maker Shinichi Wakasa at the show. I guess a lot of them (at least the ones from out-of-state or from Northern California) were already on the road heading home.

Although the Pasadena Convention Center is a huge facility, Monsterpalooza filled up all the exhibit halls.

There was one "fly in the ointment" though. I should have charged up the battery to my Canon camera. It only had enough juice for two photographs and it went dead. Luckily, my cell phone was fully charged and I was able to take pictures with its camera.

Brant and I finished off the day with dinner at P. F. Chang's China Bistro that was located across the street.

All in all, Monsterpalooza didn't disappoint and it was very well attended.

Some photos:

Above, the bride and her court. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, yours truly with a strange critter. Photo by Brant Elliott.

Above, Brant Elliott with the same critter. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, a nice Alien. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, a refreshment break. 

Above, a view of the main hall. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, a little lady getting the "Earl Scheib treatment". Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, artist Frank Dietz autographing a book for Brant Elliott. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, how would like to meet this in a dark alley? Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, since there's a full moon tonight... Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, my turn with the lycanthrope. Photo by Brant Elliott.

Above, a Godzilla sculpture in progress by Simon Lee. Photo by Ar,mand Vaquer.

Above, I met a new friend at Monsterpalooza. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

No comments:

Search This Blog