"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Back In Jamestown

Above, Adventure Comics No. 343. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After a good night's sleep, I headed down to the post office at the Flying J to pick up my mail.

Two packages were waiting for me there. One was Adventure Comics No. 343 (cover date April 1966) and the other was a Willys Jeep sign for the guest bathroom.

Above, the Willys Jeep sign after mounting it on the bathroom wall. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

When I saw the cover of the comic book, I knew immediately that I didn't have it in my collection. And I know why. Although I regularly bought Adventure Comics during that time (it would have hit the newsstands in February 1966), I missed this issue as my maternal grandfather passed away in February. My parents and I were cleaning out his apartment during that time, so I couldn't get to the local store to get it.

After checking around for it online, I bought it last week. It arrived (along with the sign) while I was in Albuquerque.

Above, The Beast in the GOCO Beast Barn. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I just finished putting The Beast into the GOCO Beast Barn. I'll head back to the post office later to get today's mail.

No comments:

Search This Blog